THE EMWA INTERNSHIP FORUM
“How can I get a job without experience, or get experience without a job?”
Meet companies offering medical writing internships, and gain career advice:
3rd Annual EMWA Internship Forum - Barcelona
Thursday 3rd May 2018, 9am to 1pm
Room 11, Barceló Sants Hotel
1. WHAT IS THE EMWA INTERNSHIP FORUM?
The EMWA Internship Forum matches companies seeking fresh talent with prospective medical writers seeking paid experience.
Step 2: Browse company list.
Browse the list of participating companies in the Company Information Guide.
Step 3: Apply.
- Apply directly to the company of your choice by sending a current CV and application letter (as outlined in the Application Guidelines) to the company contact provided in the Company Information Guide.
- It is not necessary to send a CV to the Internship Forum team.
Step 1: Contact us.
- If your company is interested in participating in the EMWA Internship Forum, please contact the EMWA Internship Forum team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Provide internship details.
- Companies will be asked to complete a Company Information form (to be provided by the EMWA Internship Forum team) with details of the internship positions offered.
Step 3: Screen applicants.
- Companies will review the applications and use their own screening process to select candidates for the internship.
The EMWA Internship Forum (both Applicants and Companies):
Step 4: Attend the Live IF (optional).
The Live Internship Forum will take place on
- Thursday 3rd May 2018 (half day) at our next spring conference in Barcelona, Spain. This is an opportunity for companies and prospective medical writers to meet, network and ask any questions in person before making a final decision. Up to 10 companies will be invited to participate in the live event (selected on a first come first served basis). The first half of the forum will include pre-booked meetings. The second half will consist of a meet-and-greet, whereby applicants can speak to any company of their choice.
Step 5: Internship.
Companies will offer internships to successful applicants. Both parties can then discuss the details of the position and proceed with the company's own internship process.
2. Which Companies Offer Internships
To see the full list of participating companies providing internship positions and those attending the Live Internship Forum, please see the Company Information Guide. The guide will be available approximately 2 months prior to the Spring conference.
3. HOW TO APPLY?
Experience never gets old!
Whether you are fresh out of university or experienced and interested in a change of career path, we invite you to join us. If you are interested in applying for an internship through the EMWA Internship Forum, please see our Application Guidelines.
l. WHAT TO EXPECT FROM AN INTERNSHIP
- To work alongside experienced medical writers and medical communicators who will develop your skills and oversee your work
- To have the opportunity to work on real projects in a professional setting
- To gain insight into the workings of the pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnology industries
- To establish a foundation for further professional development
The EMWA Internship Forum and the Live Internship Forum are free for EMWA members. If you are not yet a member of EMWA, join now to gain access to the Internship Forum.
4. INFORMATION FOR COMPANIES
l. INTERESTED IN TAKING ON INTERNS?
To offer an internship through the EMWA Internship Forum your company must provide:
- An internship lasting at least 3 months
- Information about your company and the position(s) offered, including a point of contact
- Sufficient resources to train and mentor the intern
Please note that we do not promote unpaid positions. Participating companies are expected to provide some form of remuneration to their interns for the duration of the internship.
If your company is interested in offering an internship or if you would like to discuss further details, please contact us at email@example.com .
ll. COMPANY BENEFITS
- Dedicated applicants. As all applicants are EMWA members, they have demonstrated commitment in pursuing medical writing professionally.
- Additional skills. Candidates may have expertise in different disease areas, project types, and languages.
- Candidate pool. Internships are often a precursor to full-time roles, allowing both the company and the intern to make a well-informed recruitment decision.
Companies may participate in the EMWA Internship Forum and the Live Internship Forum and advertise their open positions free of charge.
5. MEET THE EMWA INTERNSHIP FORUM TEAM
|Derek Ho, Chair||Aimée Hall|
6. CONTACT US
Please help us to shape the EMWA Internship Forum by providing your feedback to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.