REGULATORY PUBLIC DISCLOSURE (RPD) - November
FDA Guidance Documents
FDA issued draft guidance titled “Civil Money Penalties Relating to the CT.gov Data Bank”
- FDA guidance releases on protocol development are relevant to publicly disclosed documents, such as clinical study protocols: “Master Protocols: Efficient Clinical Trial Design Strategies to Expedite Development of Oncology Drugs and Biologics - Guidance for Industry” and “Adaptive Designs for Clinical Trials of Drugs and Biologics - Guidance for Industry”
Developments in Europe
- The European Commission (EC) issued a Notice to Stakeholders "Withdrawal of the UK and EU rules in the field of clinical trials"
- EMA is compiling a report listing those Sponsors on EudraCT who are not compliant with results posting requirements. This information was communicated directly by an EMA representative at a web meeting of the DIA's "CTD Community".
- EudraCT Clinical Trials Tracker is fully established. This tool is searchable by Sponsor and indicates the percentage of reported trials on EudraCT - out of the trials that are due to report.
- In September 2018, 11 national research funding organisation, backed by the EC and the European Research Council (ERC), announced the launch of cOAlition S, an initiative to make full and immediate Open Access to research publications a reality.
- By 1 January 2020, the aim is to fulfil this main principle: “By 2020 scientific publications that result from research funded by public grants provided by participating national and European research councils and funding bodies, must be published in compliant Open Access Journals or on compliant Open Access Platforms.”
Journal Publication of Interest
The 2018 BMJ Article: "Compliance with requirement to report results on the EU Clinical Trials Register: cohort study and web resource" describes compliance of 50% for results posting on EudraCT over a 1-year period to 21 December 2016. This paper also describes the EudraCT Clinical Trials Tracker.
A recording of the TransCelerate Webinar Session on their Common Protocol Template, along with a PDF slide deck is available.