McCann Healthcare - Global Medical Copywriter - France
McCann Healthcare, a leading healthcare communications agency, regularly awarded for its creativity, present in more than 20 countries and bringing together 1,900 experts, works with pharmaceutical companies, doctors and healthcare specialists on communications aimed at healthcare professionals and the general public.
Our areas of intervention are centred around fields such as oncology, neuroscience, cardiology, targeted therapies but also on consumer health products.
As part of the development of our agency in France, we are looking for our future Global Medical Copywriter.
As a strategic position within our Global Department, you will report directly to our Global Medical Director and will work with the Account and Creative teams. Your missions will be as follows:
- Perform literature searches in MEDLINE, Embase and Scopus and obtain corresponding documents to support materials and strategy
- Assist with creation and maintenance of scientific message platforms and gap analyses to inform communication strategy
- Copy-edit manuscripts, presentations, HCP communication materials (detail aids, leaflets, digital tools, objection handlers, data presentation decks, strategy presentation decks, meeting decks etc) and Patient communication materials for grammar, spelling, layout, data and reference accuracy, and alignment with communication strategy
- Support scientific congress activities including symposia, medical booth materials, and on-site expert meetings
- Briefing for the design of figures, tables and data representation
- Participate in planning meetings to assist with conception and execution of communication plans
- Contribute to pitch and new business development. Analysis of therapeutic area, assemble of key data to drive strategic recommendation, creation of presentation slides to illustrate the medical rationale, assembly of strategic imperatives based on up to date situation analysis, creation of key materials (eg detail aid) to demonstrate feasibility of recommendation during presentation.
- Attendance and participation at client meetings and pitches to present the scientific rationale behind solution and presetation of tactical recommendations
- Participate in Medical meetings to assist with achieving the team goals
- Briefing and oversight of junior staff members as required, review of materials/references for scientific accuracy.
Post graduate degree or master’s degree with appropriate experience in life or health sciences
3 or more years of relevant experience in medical communications at a senior level with demonstrated involvement in supporting pharmaceutical products at all stages of commercialization and lifecycle.
- Proficiency in conducting systematic literature searches
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Ability to perform many tasks under tight deadlines and maintain attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Client project management systems such as ZINC, CoManDo etc
- Proven track record of work in diverse health-care sectors including, but not limited to: Oncology, Ophthalmology, Immunology, Genetics, Cardiology, Rare diseases and New Healthcare technologies
If you are looking for a human agency with a young and dynamic state of mind and having at heart to make its collaborators evolve, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be delighted to talk to you!
The job can be in our office in Paris or remotely (in full work from home). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.