GlaxoSmithKline - Scientific Writer
About our company
GSK is a global, research-based company whose mission is to develop innovative products and make them accessible to the largest number of people. We research and make medicines, vaccines and products that touch millions of lives worldwide. The Vaccines division in Italy is based in Siena (Research and Development Centre - RDC) and Rosia (Manufacturing and Quality site).
The RDC generated some of the most innovative vaccines against meningitis and bacterial infections. The RDC is looking for a Scientific Writer. The Scientific Writer should be able to meet the quality standards of the global organization and to work on assignments independently, facilitating delivery of the written assignments through proactive coordination of stakeholders to build content. The Scientific Writer is accountable for the final deliverable and is expected to work in complex matrix organizations.
- Completes assignments independently or under guidance of a mentor (this may include sections, or whole documents).
- Independently builds and expands capabilities to work on increasingly sophisticated/complex assignments.
- Understands the importance of consistency and quality level for all documents.
- Establishes network of communication and continuously builds these relationships with stakeholders to facilitate efficient execution of assignment.
- Participates in document planning and review meetings.
- Proactively raises and discusses concerns/ issues in an open and timely manner within the global scientific Writing Teams
- Promotes high scientific standards by pointing out obvious flaws and proposing alternatives.
- Interpret and communicate complex clinical data clearly and succinctly and at an appropriate level for the audience
- PHD or scientific degree
- Excellent command over English language, verbal and written (mandatory)
- Demonstrates understanding of how to analyze and describe clinical results
- Possesses working knowledge of International Committee for Harmonization (ICH) / Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Possesses good working knowledge of statistical principles used in clinical research
- Possesses necessary computer skills
- Possesses a good understanding of basic immunology
- Possesses “can do” attitude and attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Ability to collaborate within the team and with stakeholders from numerous departments
- Approximately 1/2 years writing experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical field is a plus
Additional InformationContract: Permanent, full-time position
Location: Siena (Italy)
How To Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or, alternatively, visit http://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/search-jobs-and-apply/ to find out more.