Cactus Communications - Freelance Medical Writer - Global
- Advanced life science (PharmD, PhD, MS) or medical (MD) degree
- Publication experience, preferably as first author on papers
- Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics; advanced knowledge would be an asset
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities
- Experience in Gastroenterology is a must
- Use scientific expertise to develop high-quality, publication-ready scientific documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, short communications, presentations, etc.)
- Ability to assess/evaluate pre-written manuscripts across different therapeutic areas and suggest additional content or provide recommendations to improve quality; suggest suitable journals for manuscript submission
- Act as a document specialist, provide intellectual input across document types, and contribute to making cutting-edge research accessible to specific audiences
Cactus Communications is a technology company accelerating scientific advancement. We collaborate with researchers, universities, publishers, academic societies, and life science organizations. We offer editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers; strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions for journals and researchers; and solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers for wider research outreach. We also incubate seed and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Aarhus, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
Know about our Culture:
The CACTUS culture is the glue that binds us together as we work towards the same shared goal.
We are “One CACTUS”. You are a Cactizen regardless of where you work.
We take pride in our diversity, respect each other, and call out bias whenever we see it.
We focus on outcomes rather than formalities. Everyone is on first-name basis.
We are selective and hire only those who share our vision and values
CACTUS has always been driven by its culture. It sets us apart and attracts people who want to maximize their potential at work and in life. It describes our unique work practices in three aspects: People & Life, Performance & Career, and Business & Leadership.
Awards and Recognition:
- Consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016
- Recognized as one of Asia’s 100 Most Admired Brands 2020 by White Page International (2020).
- Recipient of two bronze Stevie® Awards (Most Exemplary Employer and Most Valuable Corporate Response) at the 17th annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business (2020)
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organization Development Roundtable (2019)
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019)
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017)
To apply: E-mail your updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com