BIH - Pre-Award Grant Manager - Berlin
The BIH Berlin Center for Regenerative Therapies (BCRT) is a translational research focus of the Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Charité) and the Berlin Institute for Health Research (BIH), which pursues the rapid implementation of new research results in the field of regenerative medicine in clinical applications and products. Engineers, chemists, biologists and physicians work together on the targeted promotion of the body's own healing and regenerative powers in acute and chronic diseases in the four clinical research areas of the immune system, musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular system, tissue homeostasis and cachexia.
- Creation of a new type of support structure for independent career development of young scientists
- Development of a support structure for the administrative application processes and the compilation of the necessary documents
- Development of a structure for the active support of scientists with the application, especially with the content and language design
- You see yourself as a service provider for the interests of research funding or third-party funding in the pre-award phase
- You act as a competent contact for advising scientists on current funding programs and calls for proposals and support scientists in initiating, identifying and planning suitable research projects
- You edit applications for third-party funding in English and German
- You support the scientists in writing and correcting English-language scientific publications and presentations
- You see yourself as the interface between funders and project managers
- You will work in close consultation with the BCRT Research Coordinator
- A varied job in a forward-looking research institute
- A temporary full-time position (39/week)
- Remuneration taking into account the personal requirements in salary group E13 TVöD VKA-K
- Additional benefits customary in public service (including special annual payment, VBL)
- Good opportunities for further training
- 30 vacation days per year (with a five-day week) and up to 24 flexible days per year
- Flexible working hours and home office options for a better work-life balance
- Completed scientific university studies, preferably in the field of natural or life sciences (preferably with a doctorate)
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the field of international and national funding programs and their funding mechanisms
- Extensive experience with independent writing of scientific texts, in particular third-party funding applications in English at national and international level
- Outstanding ability to grasp and present complex scientific projects in science
- Customer orientation and service awareness
- Well-founded, business-fluent knowledge of English and fluent knowledge of German, both spoken and written
- Team spirit and the ability to work in a highly international and interdisciplinary team
- Innovative thinking, high commitment, professional appearance
- Interest in working in an international scientific environment
We live diversity!
BIH strongly encourages qualified women to apply.
Applications from people with an immigrant background who meet the hiring requirements are expressly encouraged. Severely disabled applicants and those with equal status will be given preferential consideration in cases of equal suitability.
Please submit your application via the BIH Career Portal https://jobs.bihealth.org until the 01.10.2022 stating the reference number BIH-89.22.
Ms. Dewsbery will be happy to provide you with further information on this position (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information on BIH, visit https://www.bihealth.org/