News of interest to medical writers: ICMJE's ‘Data Sharing Statement’
As of 01 July 2018, manuscripts submitted to journals following the ICMJE recommendations require individual participant data (IPD) ‘data sharing statement’ to indicate:
· Whether authors intend to share individual de-identified participant data
· Which specific data they intend to share (incl. data dictionaries)
· Other study-related documents that will be available
· How the data will be accessible
· When and for how long data will be available
As of 01 January 2019, clinical trials that begin enrolling participants on this date must include a data sharing plan in the trial's registration.
Read a related editorial here.