Dr. Lisa Buttle PhD, BSc (Hons)
Ascot Medical Communications Consultancy
Berkshire SL5 0AX
Skills And Services Offered:
I am an accomplished freelance medical writer with over 15 years of experience. I offer wide-ranging therapeutic knowledge and broad writing expertise, which can be tailored to suit a variety of media and target audiences. I have also developed excellent project management skills, and am confident in liaison with clients and key opinion leaders. I can also offer proficiency in applying this expertise and knowledge to support new business proposals and pitches.
I am able to write materials suitable for both specialist and non-specialist audiences. My outputs include a variety of materials suitable for conveying information in a range of media formats including: peer-reviewed journal articles, Powerpoint presentation slides, on-line training modules and website content, patient education brochures, and Advisory Board meeting reports.
I work primarily from home, and am able to travel both nationally and internationally to attend meetings.
I have gained wide ranging knowledge and experience writing on pharmaceutical products and medical devices in a number of therapy areas including:
• Oncology: Prostate, breast and lung cancers, melanomas, bone metastases, renal cell carcinoma
• Inflammatory disease: asthma, COPD, inflammatory bowel disease, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
• Cardiovascular and vascular: acute coronary syndromes, atrial fibrillation, hypercholesterolaemia, hypertension, peripheral arterial disease, stroke
• CNS: anxiety disorders, depression, migraine, Parkinson’s disease
• Other: gut microbiota, gastroesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes, glaucoma, HIV, osteoporosis, overactive bladder, pain management.
I have over 10 years experience working in medical communications agencies in both writing and project managing roles after 3 years in pharmaceutical business publishing. This followed a strong background of scientific education and research. I have attained a PhD in Organic Chemistry from Imperial College, London, and a Bachelor of Science with First Class Honours in Biological Chemistry from Kings College, London, UK.