Dr. Jack Aslanian MD, ELS
Oakland, CA 94604
United States of America
Skills And Services Offered:
QUALITY in MEDICAL COMMUNICATION is the STANDARD
DETAIL • ACCURACY • ORGANIZATION • COHERENCE
POLISH • READABILITY • CONSISTENCY • PROFESSIONALISM
EDITING and TRANSLATION by a still-practicing physician who is trained, certified and experienced and has over 20 years' track record in medical communication.
MEDICAL EDITING: About 75% of my work consists of editing first or subsequent drafts of bio-medical manuscripts on divers topics for a wide range of readership (though mainly professional readers). Nearly 40% of the texts I edit are authored by non-natives to English.
WRITING of first drafts of manuscripts: considered and undertaken on a case-by-case basis. I produce de novo texts for clients who provide the data, a sample target model text (published or not) and, whenever possible, a template.
TRANSLATION: exclusively from French into English of a variety of non-fiction texts.
Being a GENERALIST and a POLYMATH, in medical writing as in clinical practice, I am familiar with many fields and do not have a predilection for specific areas. As a well-trained and competent medical editor and writer I comfortably and effectively apply skills to any bio-medical subject and text.
I read broadly, attend meetings, take ongoing refresher courses regularly and learn quickly, rigorously adapting style and output to a topic, the requirements and specifications of clients and any special needs that the target readership may have.
TYPES OF TEXTS HANDLED (non-exhaustive list)
Abstract, laboratory research and clinical journal manuscripts, case report, literature review article, book chapter, letter, editorial, lecture and poster presentations, table, graph, clinical trial and regulatory documents, slides, and others.
My CLINICAL EXPERTISE is in surgery, emergency medicine, occupational medicine and pain management; I am quite conversant with alternative medicine; and I have done government-regulated peer review.
- CERTIFICATION - In medical editing/writing from American Medical Writers Association; ELS certificate from Board of Editors in Life Sciences.
- MEMBERSHIP - American Medical Writers Association, European Medical Writers Association, various medical societies.
- Graduate of Carleton College (with honors) and the University of Chicago Medical School.
- FRENCH: I read and understand written French fluently and speak it well.
- I have lectured on many topics and have taught resident physicians (anatomy and surgical skills).
- INDIVIDUALIZED DEADLINES and rush projects can be accommodated. All contracted deadlines are assiduously honored.
- ON-SITE PROJECTS: I frequently travel internationally and can schedule trips to Europe or elsewhere for on-site work.
Satisfactory? Your work is more than.
Thank you for the suggestions and queries. They made us reconsider our paper and delay submitting the final draft, now much-improved, until after we collected more data and clarified ambiguities.