Dr. Iaonnis Nikas
Medical Writing Services
Skills And Services Offered:
I am highly accustomed to cross-cultural communication/cooperation; persistent and detail-oriented, I deliver quality work within set time frames.
I provide medical writing for audiences ranging from professionals to patients, both in English and Greek:
• Medical marketing/education: detail aids, sales force training materials, patient education leaflets, slide kits.
• Medical communications: original papers, abstracts.
• Study protocols (Phase 3 and 4).
• Medical Conferences and meetings: reports, summaries.
• Translations: English to Greek, Greek to English.
Always seeking to expand my writing experiences in diverse therapeutic areas/project types.
I have gained considerable writing experience on pharmaceutical products and medical devices.
Key/recent areas of expertise include:
• Dermatology: psoriasis, actinic keratosis, trauma, tinea pedis.
• CNS: depression, anxiety disorders.
• Medical Devices.
• Haematology: CML, haemostasis disorders.
• Woman’s health.
• Respiratory disease: asthma, COPD.
• Metabolic and endocrine diseases: diabetes, growth hormone deficiency.
I am a biologist with a PhD in Molecular Biology (Un. of Glasgow, MRC Virology Unit, UK) and Postdoctoral research in cancer (F. Hutchinson, Seattle,
• For over 20 years, I pursued a career in pharmaceutical companies, in the functions of marketing, medical affairs and sales.
• I have gained valuable working experience across all South European countries, and a broad range of project types and therapy areas
• Since MAY/15, I am focusing exclusively on medical writing and translations.
• I provide my services to medical communication companies, CROs, pharmaceutical companies and independent researchers.
• EMWA member since OCT/2015; undergoing foundation level training.
• Fluent in English and Greek.
• Home-based, but will readily travel for conferences, meetings or project work.